If you’re an event marketer you know that “human conversation remains the primary way people make complex purchases.” That is why exhibitions, immersive brand experiences, and other events have continued to grow as a marketing channel – even in an age of always-on, digital communication.
These 7 statistics show us not only how large the event marketing sector is, but the importance that marketers place on it and the value their companies receive in return.
- Annual global spending on B2B events is over 1/2 TRILLION dollars
- This represents 5 straight years of growth in events as a marketing channel
- CMO’s recognize the value of events. One-third of them will invest over 21% of their marketing budget in face-to-face marketing this year.
- Of the marketing budgets allocated to events, the average amount invested will exceed 41%.
- The return on investment is clear – close rates increase 20% when prospects are face-to-face with salespeople.
- Plus, events are a goldmine for data about your customers and prospects. That is why 75% of marketers are looking for better integration of event and marketing data in their CRM and Marketing Automation platforms.
- Overall, event marketers rank tradeshows and events as the 2nd most effective marketing channel, behind only their website.